Publisher or Corporate Donor
“Binc is the pinnacle partnership for AdventureKEEN. Our mission is local benovolence, resilience, and resuscitation. When you add up the power of engaging the most energetic and informed independent booksellers, then pair that with Binc’s exemplary programs, the potential for doing good for good people is immediate. We admire and support their every act of caring for businesses in need of a lifeline, a strong foundation to (re)build upon, an empathetic voice on the phone, and most of all, a proven record of success.”
— Richard Hunt, Publisher, Bookstore Owner, Stevedore, Reader
More Ways to Support
Strengthen the Book and Comic Safety Net
- Make a charitable gift each year.
- Offer a company employee payroll deduction program.
- Donate a percentage of sales for a new book release or a backlist title. (AdventureKEEN created Shop Local, Live Local for bookstores – giving 3% of sales to Binc and 3% back to the participating bookstores.)
- Host a corporate event. Create your own unique event and donate proceeds to Binc. (Chronicle Books held an auction for their 50th Anniversary. Simon & Schuster’s 100th Anniversary event is donating 20% of its net proceeds of ticket sales).
- Create fun company giving opportunities. Host small events or promotions to raise awareness and funds for booksellers. (Sourcebooks created Love Your Bookstore Day and donated the proceeds from sales of all promotion items.)
- Offer a company employee matching gift program.
Provide a Sponsorship
- Winter Institute – Dinner with Binc ($2,500–$5,000).
- Professional development scholarship ($5,000–$10,000).
- Binc Survey Sponsorship. Donate $50.00 for the first 100 completed surveys. ($5,000)
- Spring Fundraising Campaign. Donate $100 for the first 50 new monthly recurring donations. ($5,000)
- Matching challenge during Binc’s annual fundraising campaign.
- Campaign to donate a dollar amount for each new sustaining donor.
- Year-End Fundraising Campaign. Sponsor the matching gift challenge. ($15,000)
Advocate for Binc
- Include Binc logo on signage at industry events, Winter Institute, Children’s Institute, and regional book association fall trade shows. “We proudly support Binc the booksellers’ safety net.”
- Include stories of booksellers helped in your internal communications. (Ingram Content Group create a 12 Days of Giving campaign in 2018, sharing a story a day for twelve days of booksellers helped).
- Encourage sales reps and authors to share information about Binc when visiting stores. (We can provide a tool kit.)
Have questions about how your company can help? Get in touch with Binc’s development director, Kathy Bartson.
Join these publishers and corporations that donated in 2023
American Booksellers Association
Bonfire Funds Inc
Book Advisors LLC
The Book Group
California Independent Booksellers Alliance
Chase Literary Agency
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Danielle Dufy Literary
Diamond Comic Distributors
eBay Charity Donations
Fly Paper Products
Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association
Hachette Book Group
Hieronymus Foundation Inc
IBID / WordStock
Indie Beacon Booklight
Ingram Content Group
Ku Worldwide LLC
Midwest Independent Booksellers Association
Mountains & Plains Independent Booksellers Association
MyFutprint Entertainment, LLC
New England Independent Booksellers Association
The New Press
Out of Print
Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association
Paz & Associates
Penguin Random House
Penn State University Press
Rays for Compassion
Robber Barons Ink
Root Literary LLC
Simon & Schuster
Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance
Square Enix Manga
Steward Family Foundation
Thompson Literary Agency
Triangle Community Foundation
Zibby Media LLC